Spring is in the air and so is pollen... and a plethora of viruses. To avoid getting sick, it is important to take care of our bodies and what we put in them. Our body's immune system is in charge of fighting off harmful germs that enter the body, so the stronger our immune system is, the more likely we are to stay healthy and strong.
Along with plenty of vitamins and probiotics, superfoods like blueberries, chia seeds, kale, yogurt, ginger, and turmeric will help fight off the nasties and and keep your immune system strong. Here are 7 delicious and nutritious smoothie recipes for you to try today.
7 Immunity-Boosting Smoothie Recipes
1. Beet and Apple Smoothie
This Beet and Apple Smoothie is as delicious (and healthy) as it is beautiful. With organic beet powder and fresh ginger, your gut will be thanking you.
- 1/2 organic granny smith apple
- 1 juice of an orange
- 1 tablespoon of organic hemp seeds
- 1 ripe frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon of Ancestral Roots Organic Beet Powder
- 1 tablespoon of organic fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup of Malk organic almond milk
- 1 juice of a lime
- Blend all ingredients and enjoy!
2. Citrus Immunity Boosting Smoothie
This 4-ingredient Citrus Immunity Boosting smoothie is all-natural and packed full of vitamins and nutrients.
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 cup coconut water
- Optional toppings: coconut flakes, fresh mango
- Blend orange, mango, lime juice, and coconut water in blender, starting on low until smooth.
- Top with additional toppings and enjoy!
3. Green Immunity Goddess Smoothie
This Green Immunity smoothie is full of bacteria-fighting superfoods like turmeric, honey and ginger.
- 1 banana
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 2-3 cups organic spinach
- 1 knob fresh ginger, peeled (about 2 inches of ginger)
- 1 knob turmeric root (about 2 inches fresh turmeric)
- 1/2 tablespoon manuka or raw honey
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (or a just couple grinds)
- 1/2-3/4 cup almond milk or coconut milk
- In a large high-powered blender, add in all ingredients and blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until smooth.
4. Pink Protein Smoothie
Pink is powerful! This vitamin and nutrient-dense Pink Power smoothie is packed with protein, fiber and superfoods to help your Immune system be it's best self.
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 clementine
- 1/2 apple, core removed
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh mango chunks
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 scoop vanilla or unflavored whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. Enjoy!
5. Paleo Blueberry Immunity Smoothie
With 7 accessible ingredients and 1 easy step, this Paleo-Friendly Blueberry Immunity smoothie is one of my favorites.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp walnuts
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Combine ingredients and blend until smooth.
6. Master Immune Boosting Smoothie
This delicious and adventurous Master Immune Boosting smoothie has a little bit of everything from persimmon to cayenne pepper to keep your gut healthy and strong.
- For the Orange Layer
- 1 small persimmon cut into quarters
- 1 ripe mango peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 lime juice only
- 1 tbsp nut butter of choice I used almond butter
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- A pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup coconut milk
- For the Pink Layer
- 1 small beet root peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 cup berries of choice fresh or frozen (I used a mix of frozen seabuckthorn, raspberries and blueberries)
- 1 small pink grapefruit peeled and cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup purified water
- 5-6 fresh mint leaves
- *Optional 1 tsp organic raw honey
- To garnish: chia seeds unsweetened coconut flakes, mint leaves
Add all the orange layer ingredients into the blender and process until smooth.
Pour evenly into the serving glasses.
Add all the pink layer ingredients into the blender and process to obtain a puree.
Pour on top of the orange layer.
Garnish with chia seeds, coconut flakes and mint leaves, and serve right away.
7. Tutti-Fruity Immunity Smoothie Bowl
Here is a fun smoothie bowl to switch things up. This Paleo Immunity Fruit smoothie bowl is packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals your body needs to keep fighting and staying strong.
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup frozen blueberry
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 medium avocado
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1/2 cup ice
- fresh blueberries
- pumpkin seeds
- hemp seeds
- goji berries
- chopped Brazil nuts
- Place the milk, honey, avocado and cocoa powder in a high powered blender and process until smooth.
- Add the frozen blueberries, banana, and ice and process until thick and creamy.
- Transfer the smoothie into a bowl and top with fresh blueberries, pumpkin sees, goji berries, hemp seeds, and chopped Brazil nuts or your favorite toppings!
The best way to protect our body is by monitoring what goes in it. For your picky eaters, or just to add an extra boost of immunity power, you can always add our Immune Boost drops to nearly any food, drink or snack... or take it alone!