Everyone needs some TLC and self - care sometimes. Establishing healthy habits for your children's mental wellbeing is just as important as their physical wellbeing.
We've pulled together 8 ways to help your kiddos learn how to self care!
- Share your own experiences and feeling to show and encourage self awareness.
- Find social groups that they feel like they belong to.
- When expressing your feelings - make sure you articulate them clearly.
- Encourage them to journal before bed or when they are feeling stressed out, to establish it as a normal part of routines.
- Practice what you preach and make sure you have your own self care routine set, and that you're following through with it.
- Set aside time for them to participate in low stress activities.
- Make sure they are participating in things that are away from television and cell phone screens!
- Teach them about deep breathing when they are upset and angry to show them the different ways to handle stress.
These are just a few of the ways to establish healthy self care at home! If you're looking for products to help with your kiddos healthy routines, we've pulled a few of our favorite below!