Planning a road trip is always fun but it can be a little trickier when you’re traveling with a toddler. Along with planning fun activities and packing a few distracting toys and books to keep them occupied, you also need to keep their tummies full.
The last thing you want to do is feed your toddler sugary snacks all the way to your destination or you may just end up turning the car around. Besides that dreaded sugar rush, feeding your toddler the right foods from start to finish will also keep theirdigestive systems healthy, which will allow you to enjoy yourself once you reach your destination too.
JoySpring’s Recommended Road Trip Snacks for Kids
- High-Fiber/Low Sugar Cereals. Use your child’s favorite breakfast food to create a healthy road trip snack. Using a piece of yarn and several pieces of O-shaped cereal, you can create a fun snack that your toddler will want to eat.
- Dried Fruit. This is another great option that is packed with both fiber and vitamins. Did you know you can even get dried strawberries? There are so many great options to choose from that will help add some variety to your child’s snack box.
- Whole Wheat Wraps.For something a little more filling, fill a few mini whole wheat wraps with cream cheese and jelly or peanut butter and jelly, roll them up and cut them into snack-size pieces for the road.
- Cut Veggies. Add some color to your child’s road trip snack box by cutting up some colorful veggies such as carrots and cucumbers. The more colorful it is, the more enticing it will look. For some added fun, you can even crinkle cut them.
- Yogurt Tubes.Bring some calcium and dairy into the mix with tasty yogurt tubes that can also be frozen before your road trip. Fortunately, there are a number of low-sugar options available in stores. If you’re really hands-on, you can also make your own.
- Cinnamon Apple Chips. Simply cut up a few apples and bake them on a low heat until they are brown and crispy. Sprinkle them with some cinnamon before packing them in for the road.
- Animal Crackers. What would a road trip be without a few animal crackers, so don’t forget to pack some in.
Now that you have some inspiration for your upcoming trip, you can get back to imagining all the fun and relaxation that lies ahead. Just don’t forget yourPottyWise drops from JoySpring Vitamins in case your toddler needs them while you’re away.